Tuesday, October 4, 2022



I love Nijinsky. As a youth I read everything I could find on him. I longed over the historic photos that survived. It isn’t that I wanted to be a dancer it’s just that his story, his strange, wonderful, intense life spoke to me. Touched my Soul. Perhaps It’s good that we’re separated by half a world, and more than a century of apocalyptic history. If I were 16 had access to a time machine, and could speak French, Russian, and German I’d be his shadow.

Plot for a story. A Queer colored teenager from the 21st century pursues the object of his confused desires. All this amid the intrigues of 1911 Moscow. I can see Romola Nijinsky’s long-suffering wife as she sits me down in my heart's desires study. She pours me mint tea.


“…Young man. You must understand my husband is very busy. His work is important, and he can’t be disturbed” Steam curls above my cup.
“I just want to see him for a moment. Please, I just want to look into his eyes. To see his soul.
I must understand him”

“I wish the same, said Romola…so do we all that love him.”
That’s as far as I take this time portal. 
How to explain to Romola my dark matter watch becoming a lad again or Twitter. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't let them kid ya. It's fucking tuff being Queer. Being the Dionysian sort is a nightmare on greased skates being chased by a radioactive dumpster full of burning elephant shit...this on a good day.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...