Thursday, May 6, 2021

"...M-O-U-S-E!"

 


I was, and am still a "Mouseketeer." I remember the goodbye song the "Mouseketeer's" used to sing to us. "...and now it's time to say goodbye,..to all our family." "M-i-c,...see ya real soon,...k-e-y." "Why?" "Because we like you." ...."M-o-u-s-e!"

My Grandma Violet made us Mouseketeer hats. For mouse ears, and beanie she used black felt. White linen for the "M." She also made a "Zorro" cape special for me, but that's another story.
When Cubby, Annette, and the gang sang that sweet goodbye song. I really thought they were singing to me personally. All of us there at the time did. Enough so to convince many a boomer child that they weren't alone after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...