Friday, May 14, 2021

"...blood"



We watch,...again what is happening in Israel/Palestine. Given my life experience this so breaks my heart. My mother had close Jewish friends. Their children were some of the only white children I played with. They're parents were among the few whites to break break at our table.

My mother also had friends who were part of the Black Jewish Community in Harlem when she was a kid in the 30's, and 40's. So they, and Israel were respected in my house, and we've passed this on through the family generations. When I was a young boy I saw like my folks saw. Israel was a Hope. A safe place even a miracle.
I later learned of the profound contradictions the tribal hatreds. The refusal by the extremes to co-exist. This became the mainstream for both. This despite being peoples of the Book. This ongoing addiction to blood. An eye for an eye, and like Gandhi said this leads to a world of the blind. Everyone there is blind now.

6 comments:

  1. I have no idea what to think about the rights and wrongs of this. I've always been stumped by this Israel situation. Who has the best claim to this piece of real estate? Who is violating whom? What's happening is too ghastly for words. I can only be grateful those bombs aren't falling on my neighborhood.

    I don't believe it's happening in spite of both sides being peoples of the book, but rather because of it.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one owns the earth under their feet. This is a total illusion.
    Proudhon said "Property is theft."

    ReplyDelete
  3. About that Book. All the peoples of it have been murdering each other for thousands of years. I suggest they switch to the 1947 Cincinnati Yellow Pages instead. It has something for everybody. '...and they deliver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Bible tells us to be like God, and then on page after page it describes God as a mass murderer.
      This may be the single most important key to the political behavior of Western Civilization." -Robert Anton Wilson

      Delete
  4. The shit is right in front of them, and they still don't see it.
    Like that saying among the 1%,...
    "It is not that we are so wise it is that they are so stupid."

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...