My father taught me the love of words, and their meanings. I remember him at our kitchen table paging through the Webster's he got us. It was a big as a Gutenberg Bible, and just as precious. 'Took us from first grade through college. There he sat through the night with that great book. Searching learning immersed in the wonder of words.
Saturday, August 28, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"...Fire Sale!"
I am now posting on >>>> "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot. The ot...
-
This cycle is 'never' going to change. Never. Not even with the new demographics. Kluxers, and local Nazis need not worry. I...
-
Well all good things. I've been online via a grant. This I'm informed soon is ending. I cannot afford to continue. It's been rea...
-
I was reading email correspondence with a friend. We ranted on current scary events. I replied to her vivid description of the ongoing fall ...

I still have a Reader's Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary that my dad got me when I was fourteen. I still use it sometimes. I've begun teaching myself to bind books, so maybe I'll be able to give it the repair it needs by this time.
ReplyDeleteZ
Bless you.
ReplyDelete