Sunday, December 15, 2019

"Poof!"


I time portaled this afternoon. 
Algiers Street Oakland March 8th 2:34pm 1962~CE. 

I was wearing my old 2008 Obama "Hope" jacket. No one noticed. 
In 20th century cities no one pays attention to details. The 16th is another matter. I wandered into a Woolworths. 
This being San Francisco it wasn't segregated.

As a lad I got my pens pencils, and comic books here.
Speaking of which. I saw the object this portal.  ..."Fantastic Four" #3 .12 cents, and fresh from the printers.
I picked up my prize, and a few other treasures. 
A Hershey bar at twice the size, and a quarter the cost. That, and, a first pressing 45rpm copy of the Beatles "I Want to Hold your Hand".

Just to make a point. I sat at the Woolworth's lunch counter. Down South at this exact time doing this would be life threating for me. I ordered a hot dog, and a large orange juice. Tasted as good as I remembered them.
I sat in a Woolworths at the height of the American Empire had a hot dog, and read "Fantastic Four".

There's a paper in that somewhere.

I retired to the men's department, and behind a row of stetson hats I shifted.
Blue neon shimmer poof!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...