Wednesday, April 24, 2019

"...dumplings"



I just had a thought about the unknown details of history. Perhaps an afternoon in the life of James Baldwin, and his running into Walt Whiteman. This outside of the 42nd street Library.

The story goes from there.

They later meet John Donne in Chinatown.
Our heroes decide to have a light breakfast of dumplings, and green tea. It's a crisp early fall morning in September 2001. This unlikely meetings hardly surprises them. They being mystics all assume such is to be expected from time to time.

Sez Donne,..."This vibration this electricity how you so depend on it." 
"I saw it's beginnings" said Walt. 
Lighting Chesterfield. "My damned bill is overdue" James grumbled.

There was a sudden rumble the floor shook. 
They looked up.
A flying machine has crashed into one of the great towers.
The sky was on fire.

"This is where I came in" said Donne not at all surprised.

( I might pitch this to Hulu as a min-series.)

2 comments:

  1. If I were younger, and still cared. Yeah I would be shopping my weird shit around.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...