Monday, June 24, 2019

"Time, and Again"


I mentioned the danger of being a Black Time Traveler. Especially in North America between roughly 1500~AD, and 2300~CE.
However there were relative safe spots. I set my dark matter pocket watch, and shifted to "June 24th 1967 2:28 pm, Central Park."

To any watching I would seem to have just walked from under the shade of a tree. The experience is like passing through a warm mist. The unit makes your entry as unremarkable as possible.

I wander the park, and observe an actual Hippie Be-in. Of a kind I remember taking part in as a lad. Though now with the experience of 50+ years I see with very different eyes. 


I was at first moved. 

Their hope affection trust. All of which will be co-opted, and betrayed. I realized many of these youths will go on to become the selfish "Me Generation", and later as elders,...hostile xenophobic Trump voters.

I left with somber feelings.

My next stop Wyoming 26,000~BCE.
I was always interested in that culture. Them folks were still somewhat fresh from Pan-Asia so may never have heard any Country & Western Music or had much experience with cops or income tax..

2 comments:

  1. Golden Gate Park too, a few months before.

    BTW, you might check out ancient Atlantis. After hearing some of the ideas of Graham Hancock and others, I suspect that it, or something like it, may have existed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some temporal travelers think they may have been to some variation of what we call Atlantis. Seems there were several lost advanced cultures in the human past.

    This probable Atlantis. From what I was told was a world exploring 18th or early 19th century level society. An analog of the Brit Empire. Though without the slavery or land grabs.

    There was another during the lower sea level period of the the ice age. Them folks were at the Bronze Age level. This was on a large island now at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

    Still another culture in it's early Iron Age. It's currently buried under the Siberian tundra, and Arctic Ocean. Traces have been found, but mis-identified. As so much has been.

    I have a feeling there was at least one culture at our level or better also lost. We may find their stuff on the Moon Mars or moons of the gas giants in time.

    Modern humans have existed for near a Million years,...yeah officially only a quarter to half. But fuck'em. Likely a Million+.
    More than enough time to have got up to all manner of mayhem.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...