Thursday, August 20, 2020


Besides chopping down my hair,...see post below. I'm thinking of what will be written about these times. There's already oceans of digital ink spilled on this. However I'm wondering of more lasting works. What books plays films or monuments will come. If any.

The 1918 pandemic vanished from the world's memory. When I was little I knew it happened...but nothing else. No details whatever.

It was barely a footnote in our mid-century history books. Later it wasn't there at all. Which is how #45 our head of state at the beginning of this could say, "...nothing like this has ever happened before." 

Will there be annual observances with Black Watch bagpipes as we do for 9/11. That or will we move on to the usual distractions. These by unworthy celebs scandal mongering nothing good on TV, and trivia's, and poison's online?

We could lose a Million or more souls in this country over the next six months.  I shudder to think what will happen in the rest of the world. How will we internalize that,...will we bother? Who are we. What has all this made us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...