Monday, December 19, 2022

"...unwanted history"

 


*From my COVID Journals. December 14th, 2020. 

So I'm in bed late this afternoon. The sun already down it looks like two in the morning. A loud knock. Finally, the cops have come to shoot me. Thought they'd never get here. No 9mm drama this time. 'Just a helpful neighbor checking on an old guy to make sure I ain't dead yet. This happens now. 

Since March eight died of the Virus in the building...mostly old folks. The knock was from my upstairs pal. She hadn't seen me in days. I'm a shut in that’s what I do. Keeps knocking just won't leave. She really wants me to be alive. I opened up, and we masked, and distanced chatted for a few minutes. I told her I was having the usual times we all are. She confirmed she's got the same, and that staying sane is the secret. She’s a kindly soul. ...said I was a favorite. She liked my stories of the ancient times I lived through all that. Sweet kid. Thoughtful smart. I think I'm a grandpa figure for her. I do the best I can. 

Today's numbers. I'll more than understand if you stop here.

419,000+ so far perished. About twice all U.S. combat deaths in WW2. 11,264 persons in this republic who were alive on this day a week ago are now perished thanks' to COVID. 

20k+ a week infected, and now over 3000+ die every day. 

CDC sez expect those numbers to be sustained for the next 60 to 90 days.  We are in a major War despite the slow drip of Vaccine slipping through. Even less because #45 in one of his final acts of cruel insanity won't fund wide distribution. 

The vaccine sits in warehouses thanks to him. To the last vindictive disturbed cruel. I’d love to survive to see what history sez of these years. These people these times. Otherwise, I'm fine. Btw look in on folks you ain't seen. Call them zoom them text email heliograph telegraph bang on the wall or call to their window from the street. Like me they'll appreciate the effort.


*These Journals many wrote and still write are not for us. 

We don't care didn't care refused to care and just want to forget get laid fight make money and get high. Swell fine. All this will be forgotten...till next time. These works are for them. 

For next time. Which will be much sooner than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...