Sunday, December 18, 2022

"...aspire"


Before dawn I went for another frozen constitutional. Above shot with my camera which has the same astral resolution as Galileo's telescope. ...I'm in good company. It was 32f~0c. Exactly freezing. I love the cold and snow. Snow I enjoy by watching from a warm kitchen. The cold I love by walking in it. Crisp deep even mysterious. I wandered my hood which was once farmland. Before that wilderness and home to the “Lenape Nation”. Pronounced “Lenn-op-pee”. Here for many thousands of years before the Earth became real-estate. I wonder of their watching the stars and honoring the seasons. This especially now at Yule. Everything here is built over their bones. I think of them as I walk.  

I stopped at a Bodega on the way back. These open 24 hours. Think 7-11 with a human face. My dear sister Sylvia has been helping me with practical things. So I’m now well enough to wander about. Got little holiday tangerines and cashews. Yule treats. It's the small, pleasant things. The little kindnesses we have and share. The dignity of all souls deserves it. 

Elenore Roosevelt put “Freedom from Fear” in the United Nations founding Charter for a reason. Like “Pursuit of Happiness” in our Constitution. For now, ignored but in times to come...that is what we aspire towards. Small good, and kindly things...nuts tangerines...the right to vote freedom from hunger and violence we aspire to this. 

Below the dancing Buddha. Saw this a few years ago and had to collage him into something. So there he is on stage for the world to dance with him. Btw looked at Satellite maps. If you're in the U.S. Midwest or Northeast take care storms blizzards and flying walnuts coming. Stay home as much as ya can. Be safe loves ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...