Monday, November 14, 2022

"...real"

 


The real world. At the supermarket a few weeks ago. I saw an elder asking shoppers for food. This has become common. No ambiguity here. No fit young men hanging around semi-threatening for handouts. She was the real deal. Could be any of us in these days. She was a sweetheart. A retired house cleaner with no pension. I asked what she'd like. Pretty much what I did...basics. I wondered if she minded a wait...she was cool.  Btw who does that music that seems to come from under the broccoli in them places. I came out shared stuff. She said was sorry to ask. Told her I sometimes asked friends so we're in this together. We blessed each other and went our ways. Another day in the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...