Sunday, August 21, 2022


Life and times. Earlier in the week I got an email from the library. They send you shit a day or two before the due date. So off I went. The sun was high it was humid, and at or near 90f~32c. I was going out for more peaches and stuff anyway.

The library doors being wide open, and no one inside were bad signs. Their climate control blew out. ...was 250f in there. They were waiting for a City repair crew to come. ...good luck.
However, a few brave librarians remained at their sweaty posts. There ready to help anyone dumb enough...like me, to enter that oven. Bless Librarians. Bless fruit stores too. Senior citizens would hardly eat without them. Swell stuff, and all priced to go.
I've read that this sort of thing. Commenting on everyday life has no value. FB especially is a waste...well it is but not for that. The details of a life matter. Where would historians be without diaries. They couldn't make them bad period piece movies without them.
Anyway, after the library deep fry. I thought of sitting on a Parkway bench but remembered that might be suicidal. I could get shot stabbed or fall asleep like last time with heat stroke as a danger. Bleep it. I love life in da big City. So sat watched humanity pigeons and overpriced cars wander by.
I made it home took a cold shower to lower my body temps... saw that in a movie about the end of the world. Imagine once when a lad I liked it hot. However back then the ocean wasn't rising the glaciers weren't melting, and it wasn't 98f degrees for months.
Back in da day. Folks didn't have to carry water, and heat shelters were in the Sahara Desert. Not Brooklyn. Anyway, Life more or less goes on.
Be kind and laugh as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...