Sunday, August 21, 2022

"...history"



More from my COVID-19 Journals.

Beginning of NYC Social Lockdown March 23rd, 2020.

There, and back again. My adventure out getting my meds and doing essential errands. Both the streets, and trains were empty. I was mostly alone. Like a Sunday morning at 5am. On the streets I was not within 50 feet of anyone. I took care of my affairs. Went to the also empty supermarket. I checked first for crowds. …empty. However, price gouging has begun.

When I came home showered. Washed then wiped with an alcohol-water solution as they suggest. Put my things in a laundry bag and sprayed with disinfectant. ...that one a bit much but still.  Helicopters buzzing about. NY Air National Guard. Life in wartime. I saw an Army medical convoy on the parkway. Coming from the direction of the airport. TV sez an effective vaccine could be two years away.  

The earth abides. 

Trees are budding much more than when I was last out. Grass starting to poke up. There was no mail delivered. No current newspaper at the market.  I’m starting dinner. Rice veggies chicken. 

All is quiet. Life goes on.

(At the start of this Pandemic era they said we should all keep a journal. Not for us. We're too close to the chaos. Also few may want to remember. As they didn't after the 1918/19 Pandemic. These notes are for history.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...