Sunday, June 19, 2022

"...freely"




We’re a big country with many States at different levels of democracy. Some States are making voting very difficult for specific targeted groups. Difficult, but still possible. I say ‘possible’ because I’m old enough to recall voter suppression by law and literal gun point in Southern States.

We must never regress back to that.
Last week I received my Vote by Mail Ballot. This for the primary party elections for the November 2022 Congressional elections. I just took it to the post office drop box. I voted for the incompetent egomaniacs of my choice. Well, I voted Liberal Democrat which comes down to the same thing. Easy direct democracy.
Here I can freely vote because I live in a City and State governed by those that respect the Constitution and the rule of law. ...mostly. A Civil War followed by a century of struggle gave me the right to vote. This is why I take my enfranchisement as a life, and death matter. Vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...