Wednesday, January 12, 2022

"...Dip stick"

On da what da fuck am I still doing alive front.

I can report that I have no idea. I just woke up still breathing.
That's it. However, walking is rougher than usual. My sight is crappier than ever in my fucking life. Fucking agonizing sudden cramps are fun. Did I mention my heart is getting my attention? The sucker slows down, and misses beats. I mentioned that at hospital, they said I'm fine.
Which is their way of saying... "Look gramps that shit is the least of your problems."
Otherwise, I'm swell! There I complained, and I'm glad.

2 comments:

  1. I hope complaining helps you feel better. I know all too well about the cramps.

    Off topic, a word about your new freebie cell phone. I've had one for years, also as a gift. Permit me to make a couple of suggestions. First, there's a selfie lens on the front of the phone, somewhere at the top of the screen. It's a good idea to cover it; they'll likely be taking photos of you unawares. I use a tiny patch of black tape. I've heard nail polish also works. Second, if the device offers you the option of activating facial recognition, don't do it if you have a choice. Third, it's better not to sleep with it in your room, unless you want AI to hear you talking in your sleep. Fourth, I make a point of usually leaving it at home when I go out; these things track your movements down to how many steps you took today, and when, and how far you walked.

    Probably they want to set people up in advance for carrying QR codes on their phones. New York has a vaccine pass requirement, so it's a natural target for this.

    These devices are incredibly convenient. You can browse online without getting out of bed or even sitting up. I admit, I've often succumbed to the temptation.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orwell on reading your missive about life in a relatively free country in the 21st century would tearfully nod in agreement. These to your realistic protective suggestions.

    I thought of keeping it in the fridge.
    This to drive their A.I. nuts with the buzz.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...