Friday, March 26, 2021

"...a flare in the night"



I know there's nothing anyone can do...other than that fictional stimulus check. Once again the feds cut off my food benefits. A technicality so they say. It'll take time to get it back,...again. Remember my post from years ago, "The Great Famine of 2016". 

Well it's back.

Basically a prefect storm of the usual. Unexpected medical costs, and assorts bills that are a bit out of hand. Now again the loss of food benefits. This is what near everyone in this country except those financially insulated from the last year is going through. 

Ya know several of my FB friends are now homeless. They started the pandemic just fine. All lost they're jobs in IT,...yep all of them. Of course little or no savings like most so they were nuked. They ain't got that check neither. If one of them had she wouldn't be homeless. If I got mine I would have been able to eat in March.

Like last time rationing. 

I'm getting good at this. I've made what a regular person would eat in three days last over a week. Amazing what you can do when you have no choice. Right now I'm having a sip of honey every other day. It works...just enough to keep one from falling over.

Not looking for nothing from anyone.

Like last time I insist on my scraps of dignity. Sort of. I didn't tell friends family no one. Last time I sold my books for food. I was able to kid myself I was just getting rid of the excess. I still held onto my former middle class mindset. This time fuck it. I'm as poor as many tens of millions of others in the land of the free. 

However I do want them bucks Uncle Joe promised. Near fifty years of my taxes paid for it. Otherwise everything is peachy.

"...say ya wouldn't have a cheeseburger handy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...