Friday, January 25, 2019

"Two Souls"


I was chatting with Justin a FB comrade about trannie folks. I've known Trans Souls throughout my life starting in fifth grade. That had to be 1961. My playmate across the street was so blessed. He suffered his whole life. Much of his family except for his sister was cruel to him. My mom protected him as much as she could given the customs then. He was over at our house often.


The kids on the block were for the times unusually cool. I mean he was just Joey. later in his 20's he took his life. I remember a few times he made me up. My mom said when she found us it was alright, "...but only in the house." My folks were in show business when young.  I had a relative that danced at the classic Cotton Club in Harlem. So they knew about folks in the life as it was called then.


Later being Queer I met more "Two Soul" folks as I wandered about. Two Souls the Native Peoples call them,...makes sense to me. In time a journalist friend with the radio station's newsroom where I worked made the transition. Them things the operations is complicated, and painful I hear. She's now a profoundly proud trans-Musician.

It's simple, "...Let folks be." (...Above Representative Wexton of Virginia placed the Trans Flag outside of her office. This in response to increased federal persecution of some of her constituents.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...