Wednesday, December 21, 2022

"...interesting"

 


The future really sucks. I needed to get out of Dodge. My sentient pocket watch bent space-time and I shimmered into view in front of an oncoming Buick. Not sure, but I think the car would have driven through me if it kept on coming. My physical self would be a long string of atoms wrapped around a '52 Buick in the dark matter realms forever. There may be worse things but can’t image what. She stopped. Her name was or may still be ‘Babs’. Serious post war nickname. 

I had portaled to Jefferson Alabama, June 4 1:27pm 1952~CE.

Babs was very nice after I got out of the way of her 2 tons of steel. '...asked if I was with a circus. ...My Dead Head shirt. Traveling circus groups were common in the South in them days. I said ’yes’. This settled the matter of a Colored person in a clown outfit wandering outside a segregated town. 

I said the neon shimmer was a magic trick. She asked if I could do another. I said I could disappear. Didn’t really intend Alabama. I set the unit to return and did. She saw a bright neon shimmer ...then poof!

I appeared on Solstice Day in 2022 Brooklyn. A still rather flawed democracy. As for Babs... I imagine there's still tales of a strange disappearing magic Negro in her family. Life is interesting is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...