Sunday, December 18, 2022

"...deeply"

 



Went for another midnight wander. A dear friend here said "...be careful". It was raw wet cold. Which is why I went. Too grim for the usual maniacs. Like I mentioned I like the cold. It envelopes it's sharp mysterious. That and my meds kicked in. ...thanks Doc.  A Dear pal Elizabeth commented that such walks were not possible for her. Her words below:

“As old and weak as you always portray yourself, as a woman I’d still not feel safe to do this, though I have always wanted to be able to. As unclassifiable as you feel, be glad for this pleasure alone that you’re in a male body.”

This struck me deeply. My reply:

Elizabeth “...I am profoundly aware of this. It's dangerous out there but being male makes it manageable. There are situations during my walks where if I was a Woman or Jewish or visibly Trans my life would be in danger. I know where I am who I am and who I am not. As a kid there were whole parts of this City where walking those streets would be life threatening. You still have to live that. That refuses to go away. Kindness gentleness thoughtfulness are no shields against this. There is only time and very slow uneven and insincere social progress. The Progress of a whole generation as we've seen that can be undone in one Court decision. This is who we are.”

Elizabeth replied:

“...think of me sometimes when the night air is like a startling tonic."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...