Monday, November 14, 2022

"...words"

 


I’ve sat here through the years of the pandemic. I’ve thought of my surroundings. My digs are in a 126 year old building. The Western era in these lands are so recent our oldest makings are still new. In other parts of the world things are very different. People live in places that have been in continuous use for 300 to 500+ years.
I think of that film “Brother from Another Planet”. An alien ship quietly crashes into NYC harbor. It’s only crew person swims to Ellis Island. There as he touches the walls. Through his fingers he hears/feels the voices of the many generations that passed through that place.
Right now, this moment I touch my walls. If I could I would hear Polish Yiddish Spanish French Creole even English. The murmurs of over a century. All those hopes fears loves. Words of the generations that lived in these very rooms. Rooms from which I now post to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...