Friday, November 18, 2022


Life and times. Lost six friends this year. From my radio and online life. Some were pals for decades. Gone. When your moment comes ...Puff. No movie death scene. If you're of an age you know this. 

Saw my first death when I was seven. An elder walking down our street fell. Literally just fell over. He had on such a nice suit. The things you remember. Ambulance came covered him up put his fedora on his chest. I remember it had a small stylish feather in the brim. 

None of the kids that witnessed said anything. After a while we went back to playing. As Mr. Barrie author of Peter Pan said: 'Children are gay innocent and heartless." So we were. Yet I remember tho' it was 65 years ago. Now I wonder at the last moments of those I cared for. I wonder at my own. In my journey it's got on time to wonder at these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...