Wednesday, November 16, 2022

 


It's bleeping 2022! Da fucking future is here...again.

There are now Eight Billion humans stumbling around the planet.  There was a mere two Billion the year I was born. One Billion seventy years before that. Seventy years after my birth we managed an additional 6 Billions. 

At this rate we'll need either better virus pandemics or move out into the solar system. Which we refused and now can't do. The window for that was slammed on our fingers in the 1970s. ...never to reopen. On that note Artimus our moon colony program finally launched tonight. 

Decades late in construction. Then further years months weeks delayed in launching. Vastly over budget and still seriously questionable tech. These things are about as safe as them 30 year old Shuttles we so enjoyed killing our astronauts in. 

Like I sez: "...slammed on our fingers..."

I so regret not being a drug addict anymore. Life was so simple then. Sadly, and foolishly, I got clean and went on with my life. Should have stayed coked up as it all ends the same way.

Btw it's winter around here now. Snow in the region and even freezing temps in the Emerald City. Rough but it beats 96f and humid. Ain't life grand?


3 comments:

  1. These disturbed times are making me angry.
    More angry than I think I've ever been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much anger is bad for your health. Also it just doesn't make you feel good. When I think about how much sympathy and support I'll get for my BL Rage, I figure fuggeddaboudit.

    Maybe it's better to ignore the news and withdraw into one's own world, or maybe a bubble of fantasy movies featuring cute young fellas. We're already resigned to the decline of our civilization, so why pay too much attention to the details of the descent? They're just bumps on a toboggan ride; they're symptoms of a disease we've already diagnosed. We don't need an engineering description of the sinking of the Titanic or the collapse of the Twin Towers; the general direction of movement is all you really need to know.

    Personally, I'm partial to The Neverending Story, with Noah Hathaway. There can never be too many movies like that, in my book. Because reality bites the big one, and might be manufactured anyway, like consent. So let's make our own.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my friends back in the day told me to watch that movie. A lesbian pal said to me: "This is a Sidney movie if there ever was one." Got the same from other comrades of all orientation's colors and shoe sizes. Imagine there was a time when being of the Dionysian persuasion was no big deal. Times change. Like on the day before Kristallnacht when Jews thought their friends of years or even generations would never turn on them.

    As for knowing the deal. The general direction is down. On the Titanic or the WTC 96th floor. They like we know where we're going. Their moments are now our moments. We all in our way will decide what we will do with them as they did.

    Fucking bummer.

    Damn da diabetes I'm going out to get pastries.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...