Friday, September 30, 2022

"...RFD"

This rant inspired by a dear old comrade's soon attendance at her 60th Kindergarten Reunion. This shows how varied American culture is. Kindergarten Reunions like Black Barber Shop Culture are things that make American great ...again. Well, that and 80's Gay bar music but that's another rant.

See swell gay bar music below.
As a little kid I remember them Black barber shops as the only places folks told the truth about life. I recall their reaction to 'Sputnik' yeah, I'm that old. Them Shop folks really didn't like sending that doggo and later others to die in the unfunny monotonous void. Black folks 'really' likes animals. A southern culture holdover. 'But I digress.
'Kindergarten' seemed a profoundly suburban TV sitcom thing. See un-integrated image above. As opposed to them giant Southern Family Reunion Bar-B-Q's. Which also makes America great. They're common for folks in the South of all races. Odd like the Klan they never showed up on 'Mayberry RFD'. Btw there's a seriously big regional industry for assorted reunion merchandise. Including stuff involving helicopters. ...???

As for kindergarten most of us were usually just dumped into first grade like totally untrained raw Russian draftees sent to the Ukrainian front. Then told 'good luck' see you if ya not dead. I mean I'd heard of kindergarten...but why? From my urban and class warfare life experience it seemed as remote, and Bizzaro world as cotillions. I'm not against them I just don't get it...sort of like bicycles for cats. Eh which now that I think about it could be a thing. Hint...don't eat the yellow snow.

2 comments:

  1. Remote recollection tells me that I went to a nursery school in the Berkeley hills, nestled among eucalyptus. It was sort of like being on Romper Room, but without the cameras. The teacher made us lie down and nap and be quiet, but I couldn't stop being wakeful and wriggling and squirming.

    BTW, eucalyptus burns like a torch. Good thing none of us was a firebug.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend said that being dumped into the first grade was like landing on the Planet of the Apes. She as I was amazed at how some of our classmates were so profoundly resistant to being house broke. Perhaps Kiddie Garden might be useful as an introductory course to Civilization.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...