Sunday, August 21, 2022

"...time and again"






Sometimes I still drag out my electric trains.
I honor my dad with them. He loved trains and
had a vast layout in our basement.
However, respect for the past seem a fading thing.

Like all of our stuff it will end up in a dumpster or on eBay.
Sold by relatives to whom these means nothing.
Was watching a Japanese douc about that.

The belongings of elders are spurned. 
This except for what cash they can be turned into. 
The douc was how the young seem to have contempt for the elderly. Want no part of them or their stuff.
This runs counter to centuries of tradition.
We here never had a real respect for elders so it's worse.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...