Saturday, July 16, 2022

"...near death and lollipops"


Wasn't sure if I would mention. Being the drama queen I am.  Last night had a medical event. Went fuzzy cramped up. Was on the floor but don't remember falling. 'Stuck down there a while. Came in and out. I thought of that commercial with the old lady: "I've fallen down, and I can't get up". Don't know if they came to scape her up. 
Life and times indeed. 

It's an experience to be helpless. 

The cramping was diabetes the collapse I didn't know. In a few hours was well enough to get up shower...fell asleep. Later went to that 'Mc-Clinic' around the corner. A commercial effect of the Covid era. These are popping up like gun stores in Texas. 

Didn't call an EMT van...these charge your Medicare acct. a thousand bucks a pop.  'Sides I wasn't dying as much as I was last night. Clinic only three blocks. One has to be practical. Yeah, things are bleeped up...but com'on I'm 238. 

Well. It was scary but anti-climacticHypertension...just watch da news. Dehydrated. Iced tea is not water...who knew. The diabetes was doing what it does. This and other assorted details I could have figured out on my own but don't own a white jacket. 



Still, they was all sweet folks. Very kind. I didn't know doctors and medical techs were all 11 and 12 years old now. Amazing. I wanted to give them lollipops pops. They just wanted my Medicare card gave me a bag of meds told me to be fucking serious about shit for a change and kicked me out.

All in a very nice way. I cheat death...again or at least more time in hospital wearing that smock that has ya butt hanging out. I met folks had nice chats. They were also as amazed as I that Johns Hopkins is graduating 12 years olds. Ain't life grand.

I just stumbled home and here we are.

8 comments:

  1. Well hell! I’m glad you Made it through this one. This is disturbing. I’ve come to dread medical encounters of any kind.

    😱 😱 😱

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - Dontcha love the stupid emojis my surveillance device offers me? It shares my heartbeats, where I went and how many steps I took with several federal three-letter agencies plus the local fuzz and tax outfits, I figure.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.P.S. - Plus an assortment of corporations, of course.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. One now has to assume 'they' know everything about us there is to know interesting or not. Subject: 'S. Smith-ref-3473ef-kl09876' now blows nose .03% less in this sub-quarter. Mobile team is investigating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for being helpless on my bedroom floor literally thinking those were my last moments...well. What else could I do but have humorous thoughts. I could have posted something traumatic, but those minutes had more humor panic and calm mixed together than that. Other than still being sore from those horrifying cramps and dizzy from I think near death...I'm fine. I'm wondering what's coming next. Till then I'm still me just wandering about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. However yes, I am now more thoughtful that kicking da bucket is no longer theoretical. I've seen what happens. I've have care given for elder relatives. A familiar pattern is starting. I am now where they were. The cycle continues.

    Till it gets real interesting like I sez I'm just still here.

    Though I may now finish them models kits I've put off for years. Well after the summer if I'm still here. To damned hot now. Btw hope you're okay and fuck'em if they can't take a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I’m OK, though my family are damned annoying. There are big pluses to having a place by yourself.

    Z

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...