Thursday, July 21, 2022

"...It's Hot as Fuck"




With heat indexes of 100f+.
I'm hibernating in my thermal shelter.
Aka my bedroom. Where it's a refrigerated 68f.
It's 97f in my living room.
Do the math.

So while stuck in here I'm watching old movies 
and taking snaps of my toys.
This thing I now hear is lasting into August.

I read planes can't take off because the runways 
are melting trains stopped because the rails have buckled. 
In da UK them folks is dying. 
Because no one has air conditioners. 

The Northern Hemisphere is frying. 
Places like Europe with no hot weather infrastructure
are fucked. I remember when near 20,000 died 
in a heatwave several years ago in France. 
It was only in the 90's with humidity. 

However, they'd never had anything like it.
At least not in this geological era. 
Just as we weren't ready for Storm Sandy.
 These folks are helpless in the face of the heat. 
There's a learning curve.

Keep Hydrated stay the fuck out of the sun.
I'm looking at you joggers.
watch your kids elders pets and plants.
Note above in order of affection.

All that and lots of ice cream
The CDC recommends Orange Sherbet.
I like chewing ice cubes.

3 comments:

  1. That heat wave in France was in 2007. I think 14,000 died more than usual for that period. French people’s idea of hydration is a tall cold martini, and that didn’t help.

    I hope this doesn’t come here. That’s when the fires and smoke begin. I’ve learned to dread that.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recalled how even worse things can happen. Remember how around that time an eruption by an Icelandic volcano shut down air travel in Europe for a couple of weeks? Jet engines can’t handle the ash. Well, it seems a much bigger such eruption once caused the worst year on record. In 536 AD it seems an Icelandic volcano blanketed the skies over Europe and parts of Asia with airborne ash, hiding the sun, killing crops and causing famine and eventually plague: the plague of Justinian, since he was Emperor in Constantinople at the time. I suppose this sort of thing happens at longish intervals every now and then.

    About the smoke in Cali: you can’t go out or open your windows, and if it’s hot you suffocate. It’s awful.

    Z

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...