Thursday, July 28, 2022

"...like last time"



Folks can be kind on a person to person level. Sometimes. I want to be positive. I think most want to be some even try. These days I feel fearful I'm brave in my way but the fear of where we're headed is there.

If I could I'd shut off all news platforms chats and sites that hate and fear monger.  Fat chance since it's near all of them. But if I could I would. The First Amendment isn't a suicide pack. I can't believe I'd say such, but the times have shoved me close to it.

A new war in Europe as fierce as World War II. The endless variations of plagues. The city I live in has an epidemic of assaults and murders. This plus the everyday human stupidities and horrors. Not too cheerful tonight.

What with Nazis being mainstreamed around the world again. Albeit under different names and brands. There was an international Bund rally of extremists in Hungry. A U.S. republican party delegation attended. Given that I feel like a Queer in most of the non-western world or a Jew in Poland or anywhere in Europe in 1936. 

I know they're coming. In our case in the American version. I can see large moving vans packed with the usual suspects. Long very long convoys of these headed down the Interstates to their final destinations. Folks will see them know what they are...shrug and go about their business.

Like last time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...