Sunday, June 12, 2022

"...train cave"





Summer has airburst across the Emerald City. 
The famous NYC tropical heat has come. 
Temps not bad just around 80f/26c but the humidity adds tens degrees. 
As a kid I used to sleep through the heat in our basement…it was 20 degrees cooler. 
My dad smoothed the walls with plaster which insulated it. 
Then he built a vast model railroad layout down there. 
So I stayed in the train cave. All the kids on the block hung out too. 
My Hogwarts train was decades away but we had Lionel and Hornby. 
I loved my dad.

2 comments:

  1. I can’t stand heat waves. They’re slowly but surely turning this place into a desert like the barrel-bedizened bottom of Lake Mead. What a great great escape into coolness and an alternate and thoroughly improved universe you had.

    We didn’t have a train set, but my dad was great too.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you had a good dad. It matters. Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...