Sunday, June 19, 2022

"...dazed"


Since it's June here's something from my Queer daze. I was always presumed Queer…even by myself. That being so I was very much a John Addington Symonds fan in my youth. A once noted pacifist smarty pants. John Addington Symonds - Wikipedia This in my days as a Queer outlaw idealist. I had this romantic idea that all Queers were idealistic artists and pacifists.

Then I met the real homosexual community. This at the height of the gay male impersonal random sex era. The perfect vector for the AIDS Virus. I weep still. My Dyke pals weren't that stupid...mostly. Though yes, I did find like-minded souls that thought we could overcome cruelty with love. Much as J.A.S. did. As you may have noticed our revolution has not completely succeeded yet.

Still, it's a lovely idea and research continues.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. You know where John Addington Symonds liked to get away from it all? Davos, Switzerland. Back then it was just a charming quaint alpine village - no airport, no private jets, no one auditioning as Bond villains with tranhumanist tendencies. How could he have known it would turn out like this? I hope nothing of the sort ever happens to Taormina, von Gloeden’s old hangout. Quiet obscurity is generally preferable in a private paradise.

    An Edward Carpenter-style vision of queerdom would be much better than what we got. But it will probably always be a minority view, even among queers.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Z and Uncle Sid... you both hit the nail on the head!
    Spot on!

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...