Friday, February 25, 2022



I just was contacted by my artist friend  Sergiienko in Kiev. Had not been able to contact my pals over there since this started. He's safe and well. He messaged that he and his friends are staying put. They sheltered through the day and night during the bombing and missile attacks.

Still haven't heard from several other Ukrainian pals. Some of their webpages are down but so far FB is still running. Sergiienko said there's the sound of jets over the city all the time. Both Russian and Ukrainian. Sez these are fighting each other. When they shoot each other down the wreckage falls onto housing blocks.

Unbelievable.

I feel so helpless. All I could offer my friend were wishes for his safety. Still, I'm happy at least one of my pals is okay but I've gone nuts anyway. I was just out on my fire-escape. This in the mess of snow and rain tonight. I sat on the window ledge in a sweatshirt wind ice whipping. I was numb and didn't notice.

Knowing people on the business end of a real war has put me in a mild shock. World Wars have started over less. I'm so exhausted like we all are. The world has been through so much...now this. Take care be well loves ya all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...