Tuesday, January 18, 2022

"...A Temporal tale"



Once upon a time: Peach Bonnet Wisconsin December 21st 3:26pm 1904~CE. An early Tuesday evening. Quiet strikes you. Though a few snowflakes in the wind. Stars were appearing in early dusk. Yule decorations up very homespun. Warmly sincere. The street unpaved shops gas lit. So quiet.

A woman with a child came out of a Sundry store. A 7-11 to us. The child four? Born with the new century. The woman grinned and nodded to me the child openly smiled. People not yet afraid of strangers.
I walked this place. This peaceful though no doubt complex human place. So unknowing of the terrors and wonders to come. So confident of their past, and proud of the present.
I took a snapshot of a woman walking ahead of me. This with a period box camera. As new to them as 3-D iPhones would be to us. I’ll come back in their subjective Spring. Peach Bonnet will be in full leaf. With that I portaled back to a troubled wounded future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...