Sunday, October 31, 2021

"...world view"

 “The Crawling Bleeping Eye!"  …see above in it’s 50′s glory.

My older cousin Jimmy took me to this thing when I was eight or so. ‘Had no idea what the hell was going on in this. Other than them Big Eye things scared the living crap out'a me. Crawling around eat’n folks heads, and all,…spoilers.

I wanted to sleep with Brownie our dog after this. She was like, ”…what’s your problem?” The sticker at the start sez no one under 16 allowed to see da flick. Right. You got a quarter they let you in. Yeah it was just two bits back then. Google da term. 

I wandered into Hitchcock’s “Psycho" too.  I was ten laid two bits on’em they let me in,…business is business. I didn’t know bleep about that one either. It was Saturday, and that meant my ma shoved me in the direction of the kiddie matinee to get me out of her hair. I also saw “South Pacific" that way. This helped with my then budding Queer world view,…Psycho not so much. 

*See trailers below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...