Thursday, September 30, 2021

"...cards"



I think my earliest memory records a scene at my first home on West 127th Street in Harlem. I'm likely bundled on a couch. Anyway I was asleep, but woke looked up. I see my Mom, and Dad playing cards. Hearts probably.

Before TV then internet platforms there was listening to the radio checkers, and simple card games. At the time my Dad was a postal worker. I didn't know that then, but putting the history together later it fits. My Mom was going to City College, and working part time.
Ya know typical shiftless lazy Colored people that want something for nothing.

Anyway there they were playing cards. Also speaking.
Being a toddler I had no idea what they were on about. Probably the wavelengths of dark matter quantum's in variable gravities. Parents are always on about things like that.
I saw this, and went back to sleep. The memory locked in.
I've carried it with me better part of a century, and now you know it too.

Life is wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...