Tuesday, July 27, 2021


 

To the degree I'm still able to care I care about this. The January 6, 2020 Insurrection abetted by a sitting President of the United Sates of America. The first violent transition of power in our whole history. 

In the aftermath one party is attempting a historic targeted action of voter suppression across many states. This if successful will end our first republic. Wound it deeply in 2022, and end it in 2024.

So I'm watching the Hearings on that Insurrection. Mobs sacking our National Capitol Building. Directed by that sitting President to overturn a legal election. Installing him as President for Life. Something not even done during our Civil War. 

I'm horrified. Everyone should be. 

However most don't care won't watch or have bought the counter narratives. Sez #45, "...It was a fun fest."

If I were young I'd be doing things. Getting ready for what may come. Now in my elder time I can only watch,...and Vote.

2 comments:

  1. I no longer believe in the Democrat Party story of how the world works, and this incident furnishes a good example of why. The way the Dems and their supporters have comported themselves in the past five years has thoroughly disenchanted me with them, and I no longer believe pretty much anything they say, nor that is claimed by their client media toadies and courtiers.

    Have you ever looked at any unedited videos of what happened inside the capitol building on that day? I have. Most of the people there wandered around aimlessly taking selfies. The looting, so far as I could see, consisted of someone pinching a lectern from Pelosi's office. As for violence, not one person was armed. That's a pretty feeble insurrection, like holding an armed robbery with a plastic squirt gun. Of five deaths, most were caused by people getting heart attacks from too much excitement, and the only known killing was of a protester by a capitol cop.

    Did you make an effort to listen to the relevant part of Trump's speech to see where he incited the crowd to turn violent? I listened carefully. He didn't say any such thing. He merely bloviated in his usual way.

    A lot of the people arrested have been locked up for months with no charges. So basically they're political prisoners, held for what is probably fixing to be a political show trial. The whole affair is completely bogus.

    Does this mean I'm going to register Republican and go MAGA? Not hardly. It just means our politicians and their narratives bear the same relation to reality as the Adventures of the Baron Munchausen, only without the wonder and magic.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did we watch the same thing?
    If it went the other way. With Trump winning. That, and BLM did literally exactly what MAGA did,...D.C. would be covered in Black Bodies.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...