Saturday, July 31, 2021

"...Raj"






I got's this thing about Raj/Zulu War era
British toy soldiers.
I spent the other steamy night 
taking these snaps.

My relatives down in the Islands.
The one's on my Ma's side. 
Dad's were for real Mississippi folks.
My Brit Island Commonwealth 
family sent me gifts when I was a kid.

This is how I discovered Hornby electric trains,
and Meccano's. Basically Brit Erector sets.

Anyway that's how these guys ended up in my life.
I used to collect these folks.
Still have some. The above for hundreds of years.
Got the Raj guys when I was 11. 
So that makes them 348 years old for sure. 

The canon guys are French.
North African 1870's Colonial Zouaves.
All of them. The bunch all on the dirty end of the deal. 
Canon fodder of the European colonial Great Game. 
Which we seem to have taken up for now.

Who's next in Afghanistan,...looks like China.
Ya'd think them guys would know better.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...