Monday, July 26, 2021

"...heart"


From my Time Portal series.

This morning I set my dark matter pocket watch, and portaled. I shimmered onto a roadside just outside of Kittery Maine. Tuesday 11:47am April 27th 1938 CE. I had thought I'd be alone. I often like to wander the countryside of past eras. I happened on a family with car trouble. They asked if I knew about engines. I said no. I was a writer. The older lady said, "...oh for them Colored newspapers?" I said,. "...in a way." They were a farm family. We chatted about what FDR said on the radio, and how hard the past winter was. Generous they offered me some of their packed lunch. Anne Frank was very right. People really are good at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...