Monday, July 26, 2021

"...business"


A dear comrade was commenting to me about a certain Southern politician of particular bad character. This put me in mind as to how do people become total bleep heads.

The world they're born into makes a difference. This is why I like alternate history stories. Depending on the world one can end up in interesting predicaments.
On one earth a person is an evil war criminal. In the next over he's a blameless train conductor,...in yet another a composer. Then yet another like our unnamed hero a racist corrupt politician. So how does one judge? That Many Earths thing complicates matters.

Gawd's job if she's in the judgement business must be hell,...so to speak.

2 comments:

  1. I have come to think that reincarnation is probably for real. So we are all these things: good and evil, weak and strong, joyful and suffering through the course of our lifetimes. We're here to learn and grow, and that process involves plenty of pain.

    I've given up on creating a happier society. Some periods of history are better than others, but they don't last; it's exceptional and of short duration for a culture not to be weighted by the lowest common denominator.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I must agree.
    My seventy one years tell me as much.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...