Wednesday, April 28, 2021

"...Howl"



Several thoughts observations.

...Roses"
It took three billion years for Earth to create the Rose.
She is patient, and knows exactly what She's doing.
...A Palace of Dreams"
Libraries really should be open 24/7/365, and have facilities for folks to live there. Expand their research areas all that neat action.
A pal, and I often discuss plans of a live in Library, and Theater for retired Ladies, and Gentlemen with Artistic Proclivities. I think I'd enjoy living in such.
...Read.
I'm trying to read, no longer as easy as it sounds.
As I attempt on occasion I had yet another go at Donne's Holy Sonnets. How the language has shifted in just a handful of centuries. What will folks make of Ginsberg in just three or four hundred years. How will "Howl" scan to them.
Also reading James Baldwin's sermons. What would he, and Donne have made of each other. Would they find kindred streaks of fire in each others words?
...As for Dolls.
Boys, and Men should play with Dolls.
Doll play is good for the soul. It Humanizes. For boys it would help them understand their responsibilities to others. This would help them see in a more compassionate, and generous way. Only 'good' could come from this.
...Big Book of Little Stuff.
Therapy is nice. You talk to a person paid to listen to you. Even if they don't care it's still nice. Because you're telling your story,...even if only to yourself."
...Church
I visited, and sat in my childhood church for a while today.
It's all still there all the mysteries, and contradictions.
All the memories too. While meditating on these I was happy to see the stained glass had been restored. Color, and light. This is all that's really needed.
"My dreams are haunted, but my friends make me laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...