Wednesday, March 31, 2021

"...Comfort"

 



Another item from my Pandemic Journal.
This from a year ago today.

The Virus could kill as many as 200k persons.
This the best case scenario.
One Million if we stay as we are.
Or so real world virologists are saying despite #45.
The real butcher's bill will come out in the middle.

*(...and it did.)

This has had an effect on my view of the future.
I fear for my family friends even myself.
This is as real as it can get.
Many reading this including ourselves 
may not be here a year from now.

*(Six died in my building. 38 in the surrounding blocks.)
*We were in an early hot spot.

I'm stocking up on Chocolates, and diet Pepsi 
for the final act if it comes. Oddly everything but sweets 
is in short supply.
We are in a history culture changing moment, 
and need to act like it.

There's the USNHS-Comfort.
She entered the Emerald City harbor this evening.
She is very welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...