Sunday, February 21, 2021

“…traveling”



Los Angeles just opened a tiny internment camp to house a few of the Homeless. See model above...just swell. Looks like a Lego toy town designed by public housing wonks. Still some critics say the usual. Basically work or die. As if there were jobs. Also the poor will run them down do drugs drink, and kill each other. So easy to say when one has a roof comforts, and eats regular.

However if they’ve kept their self respect sanity, and hope for a future. As many so desperately try to. Yes they’ll take care of these Internment  sheds. Which in place of living wage jobs, and actual ‘affordable’ housing they are. I would have been very grateful to get one. I imagine they’ll have a lottery for them.  These sheds being so few, and the homeless so very many. In the context of our times this is a good thing. It’s also a sign that Homelessness will never end. As the system is accommodating it not ending it.

Civil Service jobs now depends on a growing Homeless population.

I was houseless for a year. I was the same person on the street as before the wandering time. It was the attitude of others that changed. I was no more likely to deface one of these sheds than I would my home before my experience or now…we’re people like everyone else. 

A decade later I’m the same person I was when I had a normal boring life then lived on the streets then came back to boredom. Well except for traumas that are with me for the rest of my life. Bright lights sudden movements sharp noises being unable even now to sleep a complete cycle, and a thousand other small things. 

Much as soldiers that come back from wars. 

My brother who served in a war said I was a vet now. Since like him I spent over a year in constant danger of injury or death. My family, and most friends did not know. Not till much later. I’m a performer. I acted the part of my myself. I learned later some thought I was traveling. Which in many ways I was. Be safe be kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...