Monday, February 15, 2021

"...history"



It's been a year I've been alone in my digs. Same for most. Yes I've gone nuts as have we all. Tho' functionally so. The Subway. I dream of lost tunnels, and tracks. In my 70 years this is the longest I've not been down there. 

My only travels by foot, and only about my 'hood. Very 19th even 18th century. When folks rarely left their town or county. I don't think things will be the same after this. Yes they'll be a media hysteria to say so, but it won't be. 

Being so close to history blinds us to it. The very Capitol Building of the Republic. Our temple to the Constitution. That document that dream we all believe in. It's temple was desecrated a murderous mob for the first time. Not even during our Civil War did that happen. 

That like living so close to home are too close to comprehend. We need time, and experience to use these experiences for the good. Time, and experience. Anyway it was one my mind,...again. Be well be safe.

The art is by my pal Ed Drooker. See his pages below.

Illustrations — Art of Eric Drooker

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...