Friday, January 29, 2021

"...pants"



So cold this morning 17f/-8c at my kitchen window. A full Moon shines over the Emerald City. Heavy snow coming. The snow more than welcome. Tho' perhaps a few degrees further north on the thermometer as well.

Speaking of the collected Uncle Sidney.

Here are some of my smarty pants one liners:

"We're all every one of us part of something vast, and wonderful."

"We sink into lies, and superstition, but rise on a wave of reason."

"G-d is a rumor with a million names, and faces."

"Venus de Milo tilted in the sands of Coney Island. David in front of the Flatiron Building. Tapestries hung from fire-escapes. The Pieta on a subway platform.
Animated Keith Haring's in the skies.
Jackson Pollock's hung from fences. Vermeer's in Synagogues.
An Annunciation fresco in my building's hallway."

A long one liner...but I like it.

"I sleep, and watch myself as I sleep."

"Summer 'will' come, and carousels 'will' be there."

"So here we are. It's after midnight. Like you I'm alone just here. All that anxious drama a fog that never lifts. Calm one searches. I had a diversion. Toothache, and cold. This occupied me for a few days, but both now gone. Is it possible to miss a toothache?"

"One can't have too many model plane."

"2020, and 2021 are evil twins,...so far."

"The world is full of too many words, and not enough cake."

"Music like religion is unique for each. Some will feel things others do not.
...Then again there's just crap."

"At home, and quiet."

All the above pretentious crap is just from this month. Imagine an editor forced to shovel through years of this noise. On the upside I might be able to do fortune cookies.
Maybe Hallmark cards as a summer fill-in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...