Tuesday, January 19, 2021

"...on da other hand"



What is, and why prayer?

A friend raised totally secular asked.
Well I recall what Sister Alice told us in the 4th grade. “….your life your every act is a prayer.” By this I in time parsed an acknowledgement of Eternity, and yourself, and all life within it.
Perhaps as Whitman’s Leaves of Grass being a life long poem. Our lives are prayers. Spiritual creative works in progress. This is the best I understand it.
Transcendence.
Prayer meditation with or without a deity at it's center can be transcendent. Such moments also come unbidden. In my subjective experience transcendence is never specific to either.
It moves. Sometimes in a person a place an unsuspected moment. Then gone. Leaving only after glows like a dream. Others know more. All I have is mystery. ...which is what prayer is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...