Wednesday, December 30, 2020

"...Home"



Here's a story I wrote for radio 16 years ago...it's very brief. Sweet too. I think I was nicer in those happy innocent days.

It begins...

In my alternate reality American West there were no genocides. No Slavery wanton murder or mayhem. Sounds pretty dull I know, but it works. In this other history the meetings of peoples on this continent was peaceful friendly.

Natives, and settlers both Black, and White were all pals. Everyone got on swell. That, and nobody bothered them Woodland Spirits either. It is in this happier West that I play out my Cowboy Dreams. What some call demented denial I call humane alternate history.

So there!

My West is a cool fun happy one. We play at make believe shoot 'em ups. No one ever gets hurt everyone has a swell time. That, and we have big Bar-B-Q's after...with a nice veggie table too. I gots lots of Indian, and Paleface boys friends, and we have square dances every Saturday night at the fort.

All those years ago I performed this for my friend George Stonefish. He produced Native programs at the radio station. He told me he'd like to visit my dream West. This because he could go home. He'd have his Country back.




8 comments:

  1. I wonder if there are some obscure corners on the continent where something like this actually happened, at least for a while. Maybe we could do some juju to bring it forth. It seems to me that's how things ought to be.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a few, very few, places in remote areas of the world there are some indigenous people who live in harmony with each other and with nature. The rest have been all but destroyed by "civilized" white people.
    Susan Sontag summed it up thus: "The white race is the cancer of human history; it is the white race and it alone—its ideologies and inventions—which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself."

    Here's just one recent story of this disgusting history, and this only touches the surface:
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/12/25/stealing-native-children-the-revolting-legacy-of-canadas-residential-school-system/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no excusing the residential school history, nor similar practices in the USA, which flow from a rotten ideology. But teaching people Ms. Sontag's ideology also has consequences.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqGxYTU1KLc

      Z

      Delete
  3. It would make me very happy if this boy would tickle me with his feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my Chief! He rules with the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a human right to be thus tickled with feathers. We must stand up for our rights!

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or lie down for them, as the case may be.

    Z

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...