Monday, November 30, 2020

"...solstice"


I was wondering how there could be Christmas 
or any celebration this year. 
After all that's happened, and is still happening.

Then I remembered. 
There have been worse far worse years.
1943 was one. 


 
I was looking at my grandmother's holiday cards from that year. All her sons were in the War. 
She didn't know if she'd see any of them again. 
Much as we fear we may not see endangered loved ones, and friends. We fear now as I post, and you read.



So perhaps we should observe a quiet Solstice.
This in our homes. Alone or with immediate family.
An acknowledgement that life goes on.
The year is turning.
That, and there may be hope on the other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...