Saturday, September 26, 2020



My local Library. As a design before construction in 1915. Then in 1958 when I first went there as a little boy. The at last as it was when I turned 258 on a rainy summer day in 2019.

In 1958 I used to just walk out with books, and bring them back when I was finished. It took some time for me to understand I had to check them out.
Back then before the culture of incarceration or the age of terror. I wasn't arrested fined beaten or shot for this.
The librarian smiled, and calmly explained the system to me. I said "Okay." ...and all was well. It was such an innocent time.

1 comment:

  1. The point of buildings like this, a friend once told me, is to allow people to live with dignity.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...