Friday, July 31, 2020



It's so damned hot it's taking the fun out of the end of the world. That, and my elder stuff seems kicking in more. It's like my body got the memo it was 70, and acted accordingly. Mostly I'm very tired,...like my grandma became.

I remember asking my Ma why grandma had to be asleep all the time. She said older folks needed their rest. Grandma had just turned 70. Swell.   I'm hanging around my digs watching the seasons pass, and watching old movies I love. 
Mostly that sweet thoughtful pre-post modern stuff. 
The Human Comedy" directed by Clarence Brown,...see below.

It was done in 1943. This early in WW2 when the outcome was far from certain. It centered on an extended family. How they, and their friends coped with the war. Having boys in the service the struggles of the late depression era,...and their humanity. All of those small things that turn out to have vast meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...