Friday, May 29, 2020



Forgive me If I'm not being pulled into the latest killing of an unarmed Black person. 

I've seen this before. Many many times.

It always ends the same.

Hand wringing pleas that it must change sorry for the dead.

In a few day we'll move on, and forget any of this happened.

Like last time.

Remember when you couldn't go online without seeing a phone video of an unarmed Black being beaten or usually shot point blank dead.

If you're my age you remember when Niggers like me were actually lynched to no mention or caring.

As I said on another comment.
I remember times of our cities burning, and tanks in the streets.

Then like now, and 100 years ago.
The routine murder of dark skinned people by white skinned people is okay. 

The age didn't matter either. Nor see above the gender.

In recent years an 86 year old Black man in Augusta,...an 11 year old Black boy in Detroit. 
All shot dead by white cops. ...the usual.

This is not my problem to ponder.
It's white people's crimes to repent, and make good on.

Which they never will because,...they don't have to.

I was 68 the last time policemen roughed me up.
I was shoved about, and had a gun held on me.
This for leaving the library one winter's evening while Black.

The first time that I was grabbed by white cops was in 1957. 
My Ma sent me to the store for bread...Wonder bread I remember,...and milk for my then baby sister.

I was six.

There was a purse snatching. 
I was Colored I was available...so I must have done it,...six.

So please be outraged it seems to make you feel better.

Me I'm just waiting for my turn to come again.

Meantime I dream of other realities,...ones with gentle loving beings,...especially Faeries.

8 comments:

  1. "RAGE ACROSS AMERICA" -Headline today
    "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was angry with my friend:
    I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
    I was angry with my foe:
    I told it not, my wrath did grow.

    -William Blake (1757-1827), "A Poison Tree," st. 1 (1794).

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It is time to abandon the world of the civilized and its light. It is too late to
    be reasonable and educated-which has led to a life without appeal. Secretly or
    not, it is necessary to become completely different, or to cease being."
    -Georges Bataille, "The Sacred Conspiracy"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do "Rage". Even as I forgive, and move on.

    Just in my own time, and way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great things going on in Brooklyn! Watch your ass Sidney!
    "Videos show NYPD cruisers ramming into protesters behind a barricade and sending bodies flying"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissy Teigen has donated $200,000 (£162,028) to help bail out people in the US who have been arrested for protesting the death of George Floyd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truth be told part of me knows that people want meanness cruelty, and viciousness,...it's fun. They want blood.

    Many revel in this.
    The reptile brain stem seems to rule.

    Some few aren't wired for this.
    They just exist quietly propping up a failing civilization.

    One in which the arts of literacy self examination, and asperation dies before their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...