Thursday, October 31, 2019

"...Five cents"




Things being what they are in 2019. I needed to get the fuck out of Dodge for a few minutes. Above I time portaled this morning to West 38th Street Manhattan October 9th 1953 1:43pm.
I was dressed in my 2018 jeans Nikes NASA sweat-shirt, and Vietnam veteran's cap. I wear it for my brother.

No one noticed. I love NY.

What strikes one are the smells. Unfiltered exhausts smog soot from light industry which was all over the city then. Also a background radiation of cigarette smoke. In them technicolor days everyone over the age of 15 smoked like chimney.

It made me light headed.

I weaved into the street taking the snap above. 'Was almost hit by a '53 Hudson delivery van. The guy yelled assorted ethnic slurs, and traffic rules at me. I would have taken his portrait, but didn't want to start a race riot.



I stumbled along a side street time shifted ahead two months, and came to this news stand.  I asked if the guy had "Fantastic Four" No.1,....he never heard of it. Seems I was about a decade early. Anyway I got a Hershey bar which is twice the size as ours, and costs 5.cents! 



That, and a copy of the December 1953 New Yorker which I'll sell on eBay, and I was on my happy way. Btw common 21st century home printers are swell currency duplicators of ancient currency. The down stream yokels are impressed.

I went behind a phone booth,...yeah these were all over the place. 
I then warped temporal shifted phased or whatever back to the glorious freedom loving demented, and expensive future.

I Hate it Here.

2 comments:

  1. This century leaves much to be desired. Of course the last one had lots of massive violence and bloodshed, mostly in the first half, but I figure this time around we just haven't got to that part yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious shit coming.

    Not one Holocaust, but several...as many as 10 around the world sez the smart money. Just swell huh?

    Wish I had better news, but the guys we sent ahead to the next decades,...well none of them ever came back. Eh,...not a good sign.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...