Saturday, September 29, 2018

"2028 C.E."


I find a forbidden copy of "Wild Boys" by the now declared criminal 20th century author William Burroughs. This in a used book stall. I'm amazed there's one still around. I mean after the "Literary Purity, and Religious Freedom Act" was passed.

I paid in Bitcoin script, and hid it under my shirt. I took it home turned out all the lights. I climbed into my hall closet with a flash light. I crouch, and slowly open to the first page.
Suddenly police dogs barking a chopper hovering overhead with search lights stabbing through the curtains. The sound of boots stomping up my building's stairs.
Life in Tomorrowland.

4 comments:

  1. I've read Junky by Boroughs more than once. Naked Lunch was a bit much for me. Perhaps its time to give it a second chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I wrote Boroughs, instead of Burroughs. Double shit. And I said shit twice! No three times! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's in a name. ...it's cool.

    Glad you're out there.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fire Sale!"

I am now posting on >>>>  "Book of Days" (sidneyinhell.blogspot.com) This due to tech problems with Blogsplot.  The ot...